Post by WildSnow.com blogger Lou Dawson | April 6, 2007
They say 50 is the new 40, grey is the new black and now April is the new May. Sure enough, prime spring corn conditions this morning on Marble Peak. Terrific weather window for Colorado today and tomorrow. Loading the truck and heading for a few fourteeners, will blog, check back soon folks!
|Let ’em rip, corn be king!|
|I’ve always liked this classic Euro style self portrait. Those are my Dynafit Seven Summits — truly nice planks. BCA backpack works as well. That’s mount Justice to the right of the word “Dynafit,” peaks in background form the Yule Creek drainage. Wish we could camp up there for a week.|
Tags: backcountry skiing, backpack, Dynafit, Trip Reports Backcountry, weather,
- GeorgeT: Great to see so many younglings at Cripple Creek. Lou, we skewed the aver...
- Lou Dawson 2: Dylan, the Black Crow is the hippest and the Cho Oyu has a great reputation...
- Dylan Currie: Lou, I was put onto your site and wealth of knowledge today by a work colle...
- Lou Dawson 2: Hi Jeremy, thanks for the heads up on that weird link! I'll fix. Should...
- Lou Dawson 2: Yeah, adding any weight is anathema to a lot of people. But then, if Pomoca...
- Jeremy C: Seems to be quicker from the UK. One point I have noticed, is that I used ...
- Lou Dawson 2: Anyone feel the love of fast flowing electrons? New server and site install...
- Bruce Moffatt: Lou, Thank you. It only weighs an ounce they say. I am not a fan on anythi...
- Lou Dawson 2: Bruce, apologies for a few comments getting deleted while moving server. I ...
- Lou 2: Hello everyone, I'm in the process of moving WildSnow to a new server, if y...
- Bruce Moffatt: Did you see this at ISPO ?? Not trying to promote it just saw it at Kicksta...
- Lou Dawson 2: Geoff, my understanding is that if you're on a rope or otherwise "climbing"...
- Lou Dawson 2: See, I agree, claims of "bindings being safer" and "better retention" are f...
- geoff: Quick question to the wise. Some travel policies with medevac (e.g. Amex))...
- See: Yeah, I had missed this post and recent comments brought it to my attention...
- Lou Dawson 2: Martin, they added some plastic to fill the area that was getting iced up u...
- Lou 2: Check with the old boots! Sometimes boot sole rubber is too thick and press...
- gjaldimont: thanks everyone. i don't think the last commenter was referring to my case,...
- See: I’ve used tech bindings for lift-served skiing. I am aware of new tech bind...
- Martin Naroznik: Lou, are you saying the black is better at not freezing up? Thanks!...
- Josh: How much weight does a carbon cyclinder save? Are they available?...
- XXX_er: You don't know what the problem IS but you do know what ISN'T the problem ....
- Dale: Is that Plum Guide heel track new for next season? It looks like it has a D...
- Lou Dawson 2: Either the pins are worn, the boots are worn, or the locking lever on the b...
- Lou Dawson 2: Martin, the Black is better. I got in trouble for alluding to the former ve...
- Lou Dawson 2: Louise, some shops crank them all the way down low and expect the user to a...
- Lou Dawson 2: Geoff, super confusing I know. I just put them so the heel is close, small ...
- gjaldimont: hey lou/everyone i will try to gain some precious feedback from all the gea...
- Martin Naroznik: Re: new Vipec. Lou, I am also wondering if the new black model solved the o...
- changa: No biggie. I can wait a couple of weeks in between gear-guy posts anyway, t...
- Feel The Fear — Colorado Persistent Avalanche Slabs
- Backcountry Access Float 32 Avalanche Airbag Pack
- Webserver Explosion
- A Walk Around ISPO Munich
- What’s New at Contour Skins?
- G3 Via Carbon Ski Poles — Review
- State of the Snow Leopard — Dynafit
- Como Se Dice, ‘Ski?’
- Black Diamond Helio 105 Ski — Quiver Arrow Of The Week
- Magical Day In The Uintas — G3 Empire, SCARPA Women’s Freedom SL
- Checking Out the Austrian Rooster Comb
- It’s Only A Test — G3 FINDr and SCARPA F1
- New from G3 and SCARPA 2016/2017
- In Austria, What Goes Up Goes Down
- Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp Review
- Athenian Ski Touring at Parnassos, Greece
- Outdoor Retailer 2016 — Picture All The Goodies
- Outdoor Retailer 2016 – On a Mission for Women’s Bibs
- Aaron Diamond
- AJ Smollen
- Alex Lee
- Amy Helm
- Anton Sponar
- Bob Perlmutter
- Caleb Wray
- Candace Horgan
- Cathy Odowd
- Christian Skalka
- Clyde Soles
- Craig Dostie
- Dave Downing
- Doug Stenclik
- Frank Konsella
- Guest Blogger
- Jessica Downing
- Jessica Portmess
- Joe Risi
- Jonathan Cooper
- Jonathan Shefftz
- Jordan White
- Lee Lau
- Leon Sendmuller
- Lisa Dawson
- Lou Dawson
- Louie Dawson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mark Worley
- Matt Kinney
- Mike Marolt
- Nick Thompson
- Paul Parker
- Penn Newhard
- Peter Kelley
- Rachel Bellamy
- Rob Mullins
- Scott Nelson
- Steve Romeo
- Sweetgrass Productions
- TheEditors OfWildsnow
- Tom Dawson
- Tyler Christoff
- WildSnow Girl
Austrian police: 5 people killed after 'massive' avalanche sweeps away 17 Czech skiers in Alps | Chicago Sun-Times bit.ly/1XaApAG
A Walk Around ISPO Munich - THE Backcountry Skiing Blog bit.ly/1SnZDNb
What’s New at Contour Skins? - THE Backcountry Skiing Blog wildsnow.com/19316/contour-…
State of the Snow Leopard — Dynafit wildsnow.com/19158/dynafit-…
WildSnow Twitter Feed
Yearly and Monthly Archives