Post by WildSnow.com blogger Lou Dawson | February 16, 2007
Ever wondered how to top Dynafit bindings in terms of less weight and more simplicity? Just eliminate your boots! Check out Georg Sojer’s cartoon. The caption reads something like ” The outstanding new Toe Tech binding won the a DISPO award for 2007, there is nothing lighter …” This is a riff on the name “Low Tech” by which the Dynafit binding is known in Europe, as well as a joke on the ISPO trade show design awards.
|Used by permission of Georg Sojer, publication by permission only.|
The burning question: Should I file this under “gear mods” or “Misc Gear Reviews?” Let Georg know what you think of his humor, comments on!
Tags: backcountry skiing, Dynafit, Europe, Gear Mods, humor, Misc Gear Reviews, Skimo Racing,
- Pieter: Snappy on Mac & Iphone too!...
- XXX_er: We had the screw come out of the end cap on a trip, using the can opener o...
- Sebastian: Lou - I will prepare this today and send - I invited you on Fb, bujt maybe ...
- Lisa Dawson: Robert, we doubt it....
- Robert G.: Can the Kingpin be used with Terminator X tele NTN boot? Is there space ...
- Rob: my sliding AFD has also come off.. its the grey one. These are brand new bi...
- Roman: Just yesterday, skiing in Crested Butte, my heel part of my Fritschi Diamir...
- LUKAS0987@OP.PL: Best regards from Poland :)...
- ptor: Maybe if they remake some Emerys with surplus Russian titanium it could hel...
- Lou Dawson 2: That's the goal Xer, I've spent hours and $$$ making sure we have a fast lo...
- Rick Howell: @eggbert: Indeed, your physical therapist is correct. However, why shoul...
- XXX_er: the above^^ post also was very quick to post ...snappy!...
- XXX_er: Wildsnow seems to work fine with both my PC and android phone, I would call...
- eggbert: I think everyone is clear (at least Jason's data supports the conclusion) t...
- Rick Howell: . OMG. Please. As a significant co-author of the 'DIN-System...
- Lou Dawson 2: Sabastian, could you translate and give me the translation so I can publish...
- Charlie Hagedorn: Even today, that's probably still the most pragmatic binding design that's ...
- Lou Dawson 2: Well, it's easy to throw another set of bindings on a ski and run the same ...
- Lubica: Thank you Lou & Alex for your response. I appreciate your feedback....
- Lou Dawson 2: Lubica, we are using two high-end P&S cameras, Canon G16 and Panasonic Lumi...
- See: Have you tried the bindings with different boots/sole lengths?...
- Alex: Hi Lubica, We'll see what Lou says, but I thought I would throw a couple...
- Thor: Update from the shop - I spoke to the manager who said they'd mounted and t...
- Lou Dawson 2: Everything seems to be working! What are your impressions out there in read...
- Sebastian: Lou - I know it will could be funny - could I translate this article in to ...
- Lou Dawson 2: Hi James, good to hear from you, if you're in Carbondale we can have some c...
- Werner Koch: @Bar Barrique: The number of tours you can make with your skins largely dep...
- Erik: @Tom Powell I had the same issue. Mailed my dealer (snowcountry), they cont...
- Dck Geiser: Watch out for loosing the spring when cleaning ice .A few weeks ago in heav...
- Lou Dawson 2: That sounds like 1st generation bindings, I don't recommend those... Lou...
- Anti-Communist Binding — Polish Ingenuity Keeps Shipyard Workers Skiing
- Feel The Fear — Colorado Persistent Avalanche Slabs
- Backcountry Access Float 32 Avalanche Airbag Pack
- Webserver Explosion
- A Walk Around ISPO Munich
- What’s New at Contour Skins?
- G3 Via Carbon Ski Poles — Review
- State of the Snow Leopard — Dynafit
- Como Se Dice, ‘Ski?’
- Black Diamond Helio 105 Ski — Quiver Arrow Of The Week
- Magical Day In The Uintas — G3 Empire, SCARPA Women’s Freedom SL
- Checking Out the Austrian Rooster Comb
- It’s Only A Test — G3 FINDr and SCARPA F1
- New from G3 and SCARPA 2016/2017
- In Austria, What Goes Up Goes Down
- Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp Review
- Athenian Ski Touring at Parnassos, Greece
- Outdoor Retailer 2016 — Picture All The Goodies
- Aaron Diamond
- AJ Smollen
- Alex Lee
- Amy Helm
- Anton Sponar
- Bob Perlmutter
- Caleb Wray
- Candace Horgan
- Cathy Odowd
- Christian Skalka
- Clyde Soles
- Craig Dostie
- Dave Downing
- Doug Stenclik
- Frank Konsella
- Guest Blogger
- Jessica Downing
- Jessica Portmess
- Joe Risi
- Jonathan Cooper
- Jonathan Shefftz
- Jordan White
- Lee Lau
- Leon Sendmuller
- Lisa Dawson
- Lou Dawson
- Louie Dawson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mark Worley
- Matt Kinney
- Mike Marolt
- Nick Thompson
- Paul Parker
- Penn Newhard
- Peter Kelley
- Rachel Bellamy
- Rob Mullins
- Scott Nelson
- Steve Romeo
- Sweetgrass Productions
- TheEditors OfWildsnow
- Tom Dawson
- Tyler Christoff
- WildSnow Girl
Anti-Communist Binding — Polish Ingenuity Keeps Shipyard Workers Skiing - THE Backcountry Skiing Blog bit.ly/1KCR9P5
Indian soldier buried by avalanche saved; 9 bodies recovered bit.ly/1QSJv2H
Austrian police: 5 people killed after 'massive' avalanche sweeps away 17 Czech skiers in Alps | Chicago Sun-Times bit.ly/1XaApAG
A Walk Around ISPO Munich - THE Backcountry Skiing Blog bit.ly/1SnZDNb
WildSnow Twitter Feed
Yearly and Monthly Archives