– When you obtain the cuff alignment fasteners, get two sets and keep one set in your repair kit in case your install comes lose in the field and you loose parts. By the same token, be sure you’ve got the tools in your repair kit to tighten the cuff fastener.
– We’re not sure how will stocked Scarpa is with their cuff rivets, nor how willing they are to part with them. If you have trouble with sourcing, another way to get cuff alignment parts is from dumpster boots.
– Practice the melt-bedding of the internal fastener on junk parts or boots.
– Know this project has a WildSnow wrench level of about 8 on scale of 1-10. You’ll need a well equipped shop as well as well developed hand-skills.
– See our previous post about doing this same project on a pair of Garmont Masterlite backcountry skiing boots.
Dynafit ZZero Cuff Alignment (cant) Rivet Install