Terrific year for Wildsnow.com. More of you visiting than ever — you’ve made this a full time job for yours truly and I’m VERY thankful to have the work.
What’s up for 2010? I’ll keep my own writing going strong, while also continuing our process of publishing numerous guest bloggers. We might add one or two more sponsors, but that’ll be it as we don’t want to clutter things up any more than necessary. By the same token, we’ll keep the commercialism out of our posts as much as possible. Not that we dislike business, in fact quite the opposite, but you guys made it clear we need to keep our content readable and uncluttered — we concur.
Our gear reviews will continue. Remember most of our gear writing is about stuff we like, so our reviews are usually positive and that’s by design. Though we do make an effort to find a few cons since virtually all gear can be improved.
In case you need some entertainment today while you’re shaking off your party remnants, following are our top 20 most commented posts of all time. Interesting what a hot issue snowmobiles are, along with environmental issues. We want to conserve the beautiful backcountry we recreate in, but we still want to use it in various ways that sometimes include machinery. That creates tension. Let us make 2010 the year we ease the tension and figure some of this stuff out. But mostly, we here at WildSnow.com wish you all to have many many days of excellent skiing! Happy New Year!
- Backcountry Skiing News Roundup – 225
- Black Diamond Kilowatt – Backcountry Ski Review – 120
- Dynafit Durability Tips and Tricks – 117
- Mount Sopris Wind and Our Dynafit Manaslu Ski Review – 115
- Write Best Funny Caption — Win Cloudveil Jacket or POC Hardhat – 115
- Actress Dies of Head Injury While Skiing – Helmet? – 94
- Ski 8,000 Meters – Everest, k2 and all the rest, who did them first? – 90
- Backcountry Skier’s Code Of Optional Conduct (humor) – 82
- Kebler Pass — Making Sled Skiers Look Bad Worldwide – 80
- Garmont Radium Backcountry Skiing Boots – OR Part 3 – 79
- Colorado Mountain Bikers Push Wilderness Alternative – 78
- Scarpa F3 is the Meow of the Cat for Big Tours – 77
- AT Boot Lacer — and Anti Blister List – 75
- Scarpa Spirit 4 — Close Look – 65
- Expansion of Crested Butte Ski Area Nixed – 65
- K2 Baker Superlight Review – 64
- Dynafit ZZeus Boot Fit & Performance – 64
- Picking a College Where Backcountry Skiing Works – 63
- Intuition Liners — Everything You Always Wanted to Know – 62
- Silvretta Pure – Strong Enough? – 61