BACKCOUNTRY SKIING GUIDEBOOK
Dawson's guide to
Colorado Backcountry Skiing
out of print, ported to web, please see: http://www.backcountryskiingco.com
Aspen, Independence Pass, Alfred Braun Huts, Friends Hut, Carbondale, more...
Dawson's Guide to Colorado Backcountry Skiing raises the bar for North American guidebook quality and detail.
- 30 pages of full color, crisp and readable topographic maps, custom built by the author!
- More than 190 pages of backcountry skiing route information.
- More than 150 awesome backcountry skiing photographs, fully annotated by the author with insider knowledge.
- Covers the historic Alfred Braun Hut System near Aspen and Crested Butte.
- Details the famed Friends Hut, Colorado's finest ski cabin.
- Historical information -- stories of famous epics.
- Covers everything you can ski from the Roaring Fork Valley between Aspen and Glenwood Springs.
- Hints for first descents and unexplored backcountry skiing areas.
- Great for snowshoe and snowboard routes as well.
- Snowmobile friendly.
Perhaps best of all, Colorado Backcountry Skiing is written from Lou Dawson's unique and incredibly informed point of view. Wondering about the most famous lost backcountry skiing people in recent decades? Read about them here. Want details for incredible ski descents near the huts? Look no farther than this book. Wondering how to get amazing ski descents without killing yourself in an avalanche? Read the Dawson's guide...