This post by WildSnow.com blogger Lou Dawson
Regional — but showing our Colorado colors. All Colorado readers, here are some options for CAIC (Colorado Avalanche Information Center) fundraisers:
Thu Nov 15 5pm – 6pm MST at Dos Gringos here in WildSnow’s hometown of Carbondale.
Sat, November 10 th, 2 Breckenridge Riverwalk Center
Attend either one or both. Good parties. Meet partners for winter adventures. Keep our avy info center funded!
Lisa and I will be at the Dos Gringos event for sure.
Posted by Lou Dawson on November 7, 2012 | Filed Under News Backcountry
next post: Dynafit Speed Radical Backcountry Skiing Binding – 2012/13
- Lou Dawson: But the Sportiva edges go to the end of the tail... as pictured. Lou...
- jbo: Even La Sportiva is stopping short now. The Vapor Nano edges stop (start?)...
- Jim L: Thin titanium edges!...
- david: Lib and gnu snowboards haven't had edges in the tip and tail since the earl...
- David: Some of the largest snowboard companies have never used edge material on th...
- Lou Dawson: Leder, that's a cool idea. Your mention of rails brings home another point,...
- lederhosen42: Furthering the idea of tweaking metal edge thickness....what about varying ...
- Lou Dawson: Thanks Brian. Indeed, I recall a few skis over the years that had edges sto...
- Brian: I have a pair of the original Solomon Rocker 2, which I believe was the ski...
- See: Thanks for the lead. Still can’t tell for sure what’s going on with the mou...
- Lou Dawson: George, good to get your take as I know you've been out on those skis quite...
- SueT: I'm shopping for a camera to take backpacking this summer. What do you use...
- Lou Dawson: Hi Bob, sure, ever since people have played around with shims on tech bindi...
- Frame: Jeremiah, you could consider binding swap plates. Search for dynaduke on th...
- Con Hughway: http://i.imgur.com/i1Md3Gn.jpg...
- Mark Worley: I enjoyed a brief intro to this ski recently, and the lack of weight is ver...
- Bob: Hey Lou - I have a pair of speed radicals, which I mounted as shown above w...
- Matt Kinney: Excellent report…. especially how you managed the avalanche risk by not ign...
- Coop: Pete! That would have been great! Thanks for the offer regardless....
- pete h: Looks like an awesome trip, btw!...
- pete h: Ha. That's my sled in the background in the first pic. Should have let me k...
- Bill B: There are other inserts out there that are larger diameter and more secure...
- Lisa Dawson: I love how you find adventure and beauty in your home mountains. Way to ge...
- Lou Dawson: I have to apologize for perhaps sounding a bit too high on the inserts conc...
- Dave: I agree with Lou... it is a pain to swap out bindings and now I am bummed I...
- Lou Dawson: Jeremiah, you can just vary the boot position on the ski by a few mm to pre...
- Shawn: Better than ski crampons is a bungee connecting me to my six year old. It'...
- Jeremiah: These seem like a good way to switch the same binding from one ski to anoth...
- Lou Dawson: Added BD Carbon Aspect to the charts, along with the K2 Backside offerings,...
- Rob: Thanks everyone for the extremely useful comments here. I just finished a ...
- Saving Ski Weight by Deleting or Minimizing Edges
- Chasing the Chiwaukum — Washington Cascades Ski Traverse
- Black Diamond Carbon Convert – The Review
- Catching Colorado Spring Backcountry Skiing — Before the Snirt
- Volkl BMT Mounting Pattern – Strong Enough?
- Dynafit Tech Note — Radical FT Heelpiece Spring 2013/2014
- Dynafit Denali Ski — Review 2
- Not Plan A…or even C — Wildsnow PNW Spring Break
- Custom Arrows For Your Quiver — Folsom Ski Review
- Snomad Review of Steve Baldwin’s Book: Snow Tales and Powder Trails — Adventures on Skis
- Nachtspektakel – A Grand Start to a Grand Reverse
- The Computers of WildSnow.com
- The Grand Reverso – 2014 Grand Traverse Race Report
- WildSnow.com SOLD!
- Boot Tops to Snirt — Spring Skiing in Colorado
- My Month Of Mirth –Backcountry Skiing Colorado
- Scarpa Freedom SL Boot Review
- Volkl BMT 106 – Quiver Arrow of the Week (#2)
- AJ Smollen
- Amy Heuer
- Anton Sponar
- Bob Perlmutter
- Caleb Wray
- Candace Horgan
- Cathy Odowd
- Christian Skalka
- Clyde Soles
- Craig Dostie
- Dave Downing
- Frank Konsella
- Guest Blogger
- Jessica Downing
- Jessica Portmess
- Joe Risi
- Jonathan Cooper
- Jonathan Shefftz
- Jordan White
- Lee Lau
- Leon Sendmuller
- Lisa Dawson
- Lou Dawson
- Louie Dawson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mark Worley
- Matt Kinney
- Mike Marolt
- Nick Thompson
- Paul Parker
- Penn Newhard
- Peter Kelley
- Rob Mullins
- Scott Nelson
- Steve Romeo
- Sweetgrass Productions
- TheEditors OfWildsnow
- Tom Dawson
- Tyler Christoff
- WildSnow Girl