Thanks for the post and thread on mounting Dynafit bindings when the mounting insert holes are filled with factory resin – I had to drill out four on one ski and two on the other so took your advice and did all of them. Five min epoxy (all I had around) made the job really fast – like really fast. Next time, I might be tempted to use 15 min or even half hour setting goop just for a bit more open time. Also, when doing the toe and the heel units, I found that torquing up the screws on opposing corners as you would a set of rims or heads on an engine, kinda did the job more smoothly if I can use that term. This is absolutely the slickest binding mounting system I’ve used to date. The Dynafit guys have it together in my books.
So, in amongst the disaster of a major plumbing job (out with the grey Poly-B and in with good old copper), a main floor flooring job pre-Christmas (keep the chief of 30 yrs happy . . . ) and experimenting with stains for a friend’s job – voila — The Edwardian Stoke-o-tronics are born!
Thanks for the website and your articles for us do-it-yourself types. Was the best part of my day today.