This post by WildSnow.com blogger Lou Dawson
Corn report: We had it perfect but had to be there early. Snow surface is dirty, melting fast and not getting a hard surface freeze at night. Probably time to start doing most or our skiing near or above timberline (top of Marble is at timberline).
Posted by Lou Dawson on April 24, 2006 | Filed Under Trip Reports Backcountry
next post: Dance of the Wu Li Shovels – and Probes
- Erik Erikson: Mason, really thought about that but I can´t figure out a usefull solution ...
- bill b: Thanks Scott great blog I have been waiting to here about the Magico. I ...
- Scott nelson: For me, having a really light ski that skis really well on the down, within...
- Scott Nelson: Rapido, ripido, andele andele..... Whatever language you speak, this ski wa...
- ty: gotta say....i love my new 11 pound per pair skis (with radical st clamps)....
- Lou Dawson: Thanks Chris, the s-word I'd agree is not that big a deal, but it's kind of...
- chris: oops, sorry! didnt mean to offend anyone....
- Lou Dawson: Could you guys please watch the swear words? No need for it, this is suppos...
- chris: i have the g3's and i thought i loved them for a long time. then i start...
- Lou Dawson: Hi Dennis, we use all sorts of climbing skins. I'd say the best are what yo...
- Dennis Korte: Lou, great writeup of this ski. I know this review is from a couple of year...
- Lou Dawson: Hah! Thanks, fixed that and some other typos. I keep spelling Ripido wro...
- Dan: @XXX_er: I have been told that the glue tends to absorb/adsorb water and t...
- XXX_er: thots:I used G3's on skis the alpinist may look light and minimalist but...
- Dave Cramer: First caption should be rewritten: "Ski Trab Rapido (top) and the one kilo ...
- Lou Dawson: See, award goes to you for best comment of the week. LOL...
- SR: Have they looked at sound patterns? Depending on lots of things, I'm not s...
- Rodney: Not sure that works unless you are only scared of avalanches. If you have ...
- See: Sphincter pressure switch....
- TK: Mark, I bought this years version, had many miles on them so far - grip an...
- Lou Dawson: Mason, get a grip (grin), how could an avalanche accelerate faster than a f...
- Lou Dawson: I'd totally agree that the older G3 glue was not as good as other brands. P...
- Christian: Movement x-bond could be an alternative with rocker, but probably suffer so...
- mark: i think he means the glue, which has, historically, 'sucked' 'but it appea...
- Drew Tabke: I can see where Joel is coming from. Working in a ski shop we have had lots...
- Mason: I am researching for my term paper on the potential application of sensors ...
- Terrance: Josh, Good point, just need back side smooth....
- Lou Dawson: Well Joel, there is a first time for everything and for different opinions ...
- Joel: ''G3’s Alpinist skins have the reputation for touring great'' It's the f...
- Jack: Really sound report. That near fold on the old style shovel looks like a ...
- Ski Trab Ripido and the Magico 1 Kilo Ski! – Review
- BCA Bomber Shovel Review
- G3 Alpinist Splitboard Climbing Skin Review
- Backcountry Skiing News Roundup – Spring 2013
- Plum Recommending Replacement of Binding Top Plate Screws
- Trab Freedom Backcountry Ski – Quiver Arrow
- Congratulations Carl Dowdy and Matt Kamper, Skiing 54 Fourteeners!
- What is retarding ‘AT’ Randonee Touring Ski Binding Development?
- Dynafit Huascaran – Quiver Arrow of the Week
- Climbing the Glory Hole Hawser out of Haines, AK
- Plum Ski Bindings — They Even Kiss Great
- Black Diamond Swift Ski Boots Review
- SPOT or InReach? Ruminations from a Satphone Owner.
- Black Diamond Revert Ski 2013-14 Review
- PSA – Slow Groovin’ Barbecue is open – Marble, Colorado
- Alpha Angle — How Far Can that Avalanche Go?
- Wildsnow Glacier Bay Basecamp, Tyler’s Take
- Hump Day Inspiration – Joy of Air
- AJ Smollen
- Anton Sponar
- Bob Perlmutter
- Caleb Wray
- Candace Horgan
- Cathy Odowd
- Christian Skalka
- Clyde Soles
- Craig Dostie
- Dave Downing
- Frank Konsella
- Guest Blogger
- Jessica Downing
- Jessica Portmess
- Joe Risi
- Jonathan Cooper
- Jonathan Shefftz
- Jordan White
- Lee Lau
- Leon Sendmuller
- Lisa Dawson
- Lou Dawson
- Louie Dawson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mark Worley
- Matt Kinney
- Mike Marolt
- Nick Thompson
- Paul Parker
- Penn Newhard
- Peter Kelley
- Rob Mullins
- Scott Nelson
- Steve Romeo
- Sweetgrass Productions
- TheEditors OfWildsnow
- Tom Dawson
- Tyler Christoff
click here to see 100 Facebook fans waving at once
Yearly and Monthly Archives
Search Powered By Google