This post by WildSnow.com blogger Lou Dawson
Lou, my buddies and my wife read your page everyday. We just got back from Zermatt, Switzerland and wanted to send you some photos you might post. I was amazed at the amount of snow — the second day of our trip a two day storm began and dumped 1 meter of snow. My wife and I skinned a little the first day of the storm and skied some open bowls. We looked off into the canyon and many small avalanches were coming down on their own. I am sorry to say there was one avalanche fatality during our visit.
Enjoy the photos.
– Max and Lori
|Postcard ready, the world’s iconic peak rises after a clearning storm. The Matterhorn.|
|Backcountry skiing in Switzerland.|
Tags: avalanches, backcountry skiing, Switzerland, Trip Reports Backcountry,
next post: Backcountry Skiing In Italy — Steve Romeo
- Lou Dawson 2: Peter, good stuff, thanks. I'd agree about the Quadrant, I was always expec...
- Pascal: Hello Lou. Thank you for showing us so much of the mechanical design geni...
- ptor: Thomas is a genius....
- Rachel Bellamy: Oh my gosh Louie these photos are incredible! I've always known that the Bu...
- Laura Maruhashi: Looks amazing! I'm inspired :)...
- chris: aaron- contact john keffler (owner and bulder of the phantoms) through p...
- Jeff Campbell: Solid work....
- Aaron: To clear things up; by "lightest skinning setup" I only ment boots, splitbo...
- Tony: Way to get after it boys! Looking forward to the next installment....
- Lou Dawson 2: Leder, the anti-twist post can easily be cobbled, problem is that when the ...
- lederhosen42: Also, just kinda popped a visual into mind's eye...I don't have any new rad...
- Lou Dawson 2: Leder, I just fiddled around with your idea and I'm certain it would work w...
- lederhosen42: Hey Lou; any opinion on using the longer adjustment rails to attach a dyna...
- Lou Dawson 2: Any healthy sporting goods industry will have multiple players and lots of ...
- Lisa Dawson: Beautiful photos - what a spectacular place! Canada never ceases to amaze ...
- Kristian: I cannot find anywhere on this posting where someone has said that Asia man...
- Peter: re: US vs Asian manufacturing and design. Saying that Asians don't have ...
- Peter: BD trimming SKUs does not come as a surprise to me. They still have 2011 Q...
- cam: Nice work Louie! good smattering of classics. Hope you got up the Becky-Cho...
- kevin: Pretty cool but not cheap. Wish dynafit would come up with a better soluti...
- JCoates: Good topic. My first thought is that it’s a shame that a company founde...
- Kristian: Pure BS intentional mis-direction. Would I buy electronics, mobiles, com...
- John S: Skiing in the Canadian Rockies means you want warm feet, and most TLT boot ...
- Lou Dawson 2: Drew, I've had success with the Intuition Pro Tour liner used in Dynafit TL...
- XXX_er: if you ever get to Vancover make an appointment at the Intuition factory ou...
- Lou Dawson: Probably, as yes it's the same heel housing as Speed Radical only without t...
- Lou Dawson: Ok, I'm well aware of the anti Wal-Mart sentiment. But there is a lot more ...
- tyler beck: Lou, Would you expect the Speed Turn (almost identical to Speed Radical) h...
- Drew Tabke: Rebirthing an old thread -- anyone know a North American Palau distributor?...
- gringo: Actually, yeah I do think that basically any business with Wal Mart is bad....
- Bugaboos Trip Report Part 1: Splitter Classics!
- Maruelli Antitwist Add-On for Dynafit Speed
- Snowboarder’s Gear List — #SkiTheBig3 Alaska
- Black Diamond, Cyberwar and Jornet — Backcountry Ski News July 2014
- Slieknjamacohkka — Backcountry Skiing Swedish Style, Part 4
- Gáppetjåhkkå — Backcountry Skiing Swedish Style, Part 3
- Backcountry Ski Cabins, Swedish Style — Part 2
- Backcountry Skiing Swedish Style — Stuor Muorkke National Park
- Gear of the Pioneers — Briggs 1971 Grand Teton Descent Bindings
- Outdoor Research Axiom Jacket — Functional Shell for the Working Man
- Review – K2 TalkBack / Wayback Skis Continue the Tradition
- Beyond the Grand — Bill Briggs Biography
- Ask Lou, part 6194: Can I use worn out Dynafit bindings to ski Denali?
- Summits and Smugglers–Sulzfluh 2014
- Minimalist Approach to Warmth — Mountain Equipment Helium 250 Sleeping Bag
- Blizzard Altitude Ultralight Touring Ski–Review
- Mountain Life — Off Season In Ski Town
- DIN Numbers — The New Macho Meter?
- AJ Smollen
- Amy Heuer
- Anton Sponar
- Bob Perlmutter
- Caleb Wray
- Candace Horgan
- Cathy Odowd
- Christian Skalka
- Clyde Soles
- Craig Dostie
- Dave Downing
- Doug Stenclik
- Frank Konsella
- Guest Blogger
- Jessica Downing
- Jessica Portmess
- Joe Risi
- Jonathan Cooper
- Jonathan Shefftz
- Jordan White
- Lee Lau
- Leon Sendmuller
- Lisa Dawson
- Lou Dawson
- Louie Dawson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mark Worley
- Matt Kinney
- Mike Marolt
- Nick Thompson
- Paul Parker
- Penn Newhard
- Peter Kelley
- Rob Mullins
- Scott Nelson
- Steve Romeo
- Sweetgrass Productions
- TheEditors OfWildsnow
- Tom Dawson
- Tyler Christoff
- WildSnow Girl