This post by WildSnow.com blogger Lou Dawson
Lou, my buddies and my wife read your page everyday. We just got back from Zermatt, Switzerland and wanted to send you some photos you might post. I was amazed at the amount of snow — the second day of our trip a two day storm began and dumped 1 meter of snow. My wife and I skinned a little the first day of the storm and skied some open bowls. We looked off into the canyon and many small avalanches were coming down on their own. I am sorry to say there was one avalanche fatality during our visit.
Enjoy the photos.
– Max and Lori
|Postcard ready, the world’s iconic peak rises after a clearning storm. The Matterhorn.|
|Backcountry skiing in Switzerland.|
next post: Backcountry Skiing In Italy — Steve Romeo
- Daniel: i have had good success with that method as well, takes some time to finetu...
- Lou Dawson: Harry, you are correct, the rear spoiler that's under the cuff would have t...
- tc: No matter what communication device(s) are taken on a trip, the critical th...
- Harry: Herb, Unless someone has found a solution, you are pretty much stuck wit...
- Herb Jones: Harry. Will the Atomic cuff rivets work on the TLT5 Mountain? he shell is ...
- Greg: (Missed this one) Failure #5 - The side rails bent as well. Amazing ho...
- Greg: Scott ended up sending me replacement ski/tour mechanisms, so I swapped out...
- Billy Roos: If they are a model R, as above, I'm interested. Let me know how to contac...
- Nick: I got my Guides directly from the plum website (it only took them two days ...
- Lou Dawson: Hi Kns, they're worth shipping cost plus perhaps $15.00, if someone really ...
- Kris Kingery: Good Morning! My father had a small collection of ski equipment that I am ...
- Bill: I was never warm to the plastic clips on the Polvere and Volare. Have not ...
- Matt: Thanks for posting this. I was one of the unlucky ones to receive a bindin...
- Lou Dawson: K2 Wayback, same concept, has rocker, but not as light in comparison to oth...
- gringo: Nice job on this project guys...well done. _Lou, do you happen to know w...
- Daniel: tetontrick, for me that ski is my 181 k2 backlash, which is still quite ...
- Bob Perlmutter: Tetonrick, the wise guy answer to your question would be a quiver. I'm goin...
- Bob Perlmutter: Bill, the problem is not when skinning but when skiing soft snow. In the ca...
- Tetonrick: Good review and the charts are great. But what is a good example of a ski m...
- Bill: Bob I cannot picture how the Volare tip is catching snow? I use the pol...
- David B: Interesting Bob, I have a pair of Trab Stelvio Freeride XL's which I love B...
- Lou Dawson: Bob, am loading the shotgun. Of course, Trabuki already probably has some "...
- Bob Perlmutter: Forget the Freedom, I'll take the "63" Sedan. I have a pair of Volare so th...
- Lou Dawson: Kelly, human beings have all sorts of motivations, usually in combination. ...
- Kelly: Gotta wonder how many folks have done the same without the need to blog or ...
- Mike Marolt: Nice work. Very cool....
- Rob: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Maserati4Porte1968...
- John: Bob, How do they compare to the Volare? They appear to be similar to the M...
- Stano: Congrats Matt, that's the way to live, never give up things that you love t...
- Lou Dawson: Thanks Carl -- and again, congratulations! It's indeed amazing the resource...
- Plum Recommending Replacement of Binding Top Plate Screws
- Trab Freedom Backcountry Ski – Quiver Arrow
- Congratulations Carl Dowdy and Matt Kamper, Skiing 54 Fourteeners!
- What is retarding ‘AT’ Randonee Touring Ski Binding Development?
- Dynafit Huascaran – Quiver Arrow of the Week
- Climbing the Glory Hole Hawser out of Haines, AK
- Plum Ski Bindings — They Even Kiss Great
- Black Diamond Swift Ski Boots Review
- SPOT or InReach? Ruminations from a Satphone Owner.
- Black Diamond Revert Ski 2013-14 Review
- PSA – Slow Groovin’ Barbecue is open – Marble, Colorado
- Alpha Angle — How Far Can that Avalanche Go?
- Wildsnow Glacier Bay Basecamp, Tyler’s Take
- Hump Day Inspiration – Joy of Air
- North Twin Sister – PNW Trip Report
- Voile V8 Backcountry Ski Review – Lightweight Performance
- Site Visit — Sheep Creek Avalanche near Loveland Pass
- Colorado Avalanche Center Publishes Sheep Creek Loveland Report — Annotated Excerpt
- AJ Smollen
- Anton Sponar
- Bob Perlmutter
- Caleb Wray
- Candace Horgan
- Cathy Odowd
- Christian Skalka
- Clyde Soles
- Craig Dostie
- Dave Downing
- Frank Konsella
- Guest Blogger
- Jessica Downing
- Jessica Portmess
- Joe Risi
- Jonathan Shefftz
- Jordan White
- Lee Lau
- Leon Sendmuller
- Lisa Dawson
- Lou Dawson
- Louie Dawson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mark Worley
- Matt Kinney
- Mike Marolt
- Nick Thompson
- Paul Parker
- Penn Newhard
- Peter Kelley
- Rob Mullins
- Scott Nelson
- Steve Romeo
- Sweetgrass Productions
- TheEditors OfWildsnow
- Tom Dawson
- Tyler Christoff
click here to see 100 Facebook fans waving at once
Yearly and Monthly Archives
Search Powered By Google