Longtime avalanche educator Halsted “Hacksaw” Morris came up with a nice solution years ago when he first published his “Backcountry Skier’s Field Book.” The idea was to provide something with waterproof paper along with content such as forms and crib notes.
Hacksaw’s original book is out of print. Snow pros such as guides and snow safety folks wanted a field book with more content, so Hacksaw went back to the drawing board and came up with his new “Professional Snow Data Field Book.”
* Pocket size, 5×7 inches
* “Rite in the Rain” – all weather pages.
* Sturdy waterproof plastic covers
* Small group rescue checklist
* Phone number page
* International 5-level danger scale
* Snow Stability Rating System – SWAG compliant
* Avalanche Classifications – SWAG compliant
* Stability Tests – Rutschblock, Boardblock, Shovel Shear, Compression, Stuffblock, Shovel Tilt, Extended Column, & Slope Cutting
* Shear Quality – SWAG compliant
* Fracture Characteristics
* 5 Lemons – Ian McCammon’s danger rating system
Shop for this book at Hacksaw’s website.